Sphoorthy College Achievements in all Departments
Immense talent and innovativeness reign at Sphoorthy, which have echoed various achievements. Our faculty and students are the bloodline for holding several prestigious titles. They flourish at the campus level, and then apply their skills effectively on various platforms. Their mettle is evident in several programs, like science fests, publications, workshops, MNC placements and so on. This winning spree is instrumental in making Sphoorthy as the best engineering college in Hyderabad.
CSE Department Achievements
- CSE Department got “BEST DEPARTMENT” award for the year 2013-14
- Mr. Moghal Yaseen Pasha has been awarded as “BEST TEACHER” from CSE for the year 2013-14
- CSE Department organized “PRAZASTI-2K14” a National Tech Fest in March, 2014
- CSE Department organized a workshop on “JAVA Web Application Development System” from 28th May, 2014 to 31st May, 2014.
- A Workshop on Processing-2.0 for III and IV year CSE / IT students
- Department of CSE organized a workshop on HADOOP technology for IV year students
- Mr. K. Satya Narayana published a paper titled “Delay Tolerant Network Routing in Nature-A Case Study” in IJERA Journal.
- Mrs. S. Guru Jyothi published a paper on “Analysis of Computer architecture and Emergence of Cache Memory Miss Penalty” in IJEEE.
- Mr. G. Sravan Kumar Published a paper titled “Ranking Assessment of Event Tweeds for credibility” in IJSER.
- Mr. A. Srinivas Reddy published a paper on “Mutual Development and Power Managing for Wireless Ad-hoc Networks”.
- Mr. Khaja Masthan published a paper titled “Virtual Remote Network Computing of User Appliances”.
- Mr. G. Mahesh Babu published a paper on “Allaying the DOS (Denial of service) Threats using WEB Referral Designs” in IJRIT.
- Mr. N. Anjaneyulu published a paper titled “Security Issues in Cloud Computing and Study on Encryption Method” in IJETTCS.
- Mr. K. Satya Narayana published a paper on “Analysis of Computer architecture and Emergence of Cache Memory Miss Penalty” in IJEEE.
- CSE department faculty attended a training program conducted by UPTECH IDEA Labs and got trained on Emerging Computer Technologies in the month of July, 2014.
- CSE Faculty attended a Faculty Development Program by eLSDM in association with JNTUH for imparting “Effective Teaching Methodologies” in the month of August, 2014.
- All Faculties have shared their ideas and views with regard to “PALLE SRUJANA- Capturing Grassroots Innovations “
- CSE Department faculty has attended a motivational lecture by Dr. B. V. Pattabhiram in May, 2014.
- Guest Lectures:
- Guest lecture on “Technical Skills towards Programming” for IV year students
Awards and Contributions- Faculty & Students
- Best Department, received a Cash Prize of Rs.50,000/-(Fifty Thousand Rupees)
- Two students (Mr. Shalom Ray and Mr.CN Sai Teja) reached finals in ROBO Competition held at IIT Mumbai.
- Two students(Mr.Shalom and Mr.Vishwa Sai) were selected to final round of IBNC to be held at IIT Delhi in 2015.
- Girls students are the champions in Volley Ball tournament, conducted by JNTUH.
- Students were runner up in inter zonal cricket tournament held at MVSR.
- Students were runner up in Kabaddi Tournament conducted by JNTUH.
- Four day FDP on Java Webs Apps
- Two Days FDP on Data mining Tool-Rapid Miner
- One Week FDP on Effective Teaching Methods by NITTTR Chennai,
- One day FDP on eLSM Globarena Technologies
- One day student workshop on Processing 2.0 Forms
- Two days workshop on Cisco Networking-IBNC
- One day workshop on Total Station for Faculty by ”Mr. Shashi Bhushan” on 22.11.2013
- Faculty Development Programme by “Palle Srujana”
- Faculty Development Programme- Mission 10X faculty Empowerment Programme by Sri. P.Srinivas Reddy Mission 10X Academic Relation Manager, on 20.05.2011
- A seminar on “Awareness on Diabetes” has been organised by Mr. Laxmi Narayana (Retd, MD, Westel Pharma on 14.10.2011
Department of ECE is the backbone of the college. It is always playing major role in all the activities of the college.ECE department has conducted PRAZASTI-2K12 successfully.
Achievements of The Students
Our students excelled in academic and technical, cultural activities. Here are the few achievements of our students.
- M.SrinivasReddy of IV year, presented paper and won first prize in Aakruthi-2014 a national level technical symposium conducted at OSMANIA University.
- C. Pavan, IV year, won I Prize in Photomania competition organized by Nalla Narasimha Reddy Engineering College.
3.M.Srinivas Reddy of IV year got best paper award “International conference in Photonics and VLSI” at Kakathiya University.
The following students participated in National Robotic Championship conducted in IIT Mumbai.
- J.Joel Rathnavardhan Raju
- B.Sharath Chandra
- G.Lokeshwar reddy
- R.Rohit kumar varma
- Vishwender babu
- D.Eshwar chand of ECE III year has represented the JNTUH in Yoga the all India inter university tournament held at Gujarat University.
- M.Srinivas Reddy of IVC year presented paper in “International conference -2014” conducted at Gurunanak engineering college.
- Rohith III-C year is elected as NSS president and organized “Plantation day”,”Swatchbharath”,”Blood donation camp” successfully.
- V.Sharath IV-A year is elected as Placement cell President and assisted in various trainings and Placements drives conducted by placement cell.
- G.Mani ECE-IIIB has participated in Chess competition MLRIT and got consolation prize. Also participated Eenadu chess tournament and got consolation prize.
- Phani Krishna played volley ball tournaments at university level.
- Ashwitha Reddy of ECE III year has represented the JNTUH in kho-kho the all India inter university tournament held at Calicut University.
Contribution of ECE Students in R&D Cell
(a) V.sharath of ECE final year has organized Entrepreneurship programme.
(b) V.sharath and Y.mounika working on a project vehicle Tracking Project.
(c) Sharmista, Soujanya, madhuri, sirisha worked on Automatic Water Level controller project,
(d) Joel, Vishwendarbabu worked on project “pressure sensor home automation project”
(e) P.L.N.V Mounika, Lavanya, subhasini worked on a project for automatic updation of empty seat availability for a RTC bus on a display.
(f) V.Sharath Worked on Lie Detector project.
1. RAKHI BIRADAR – 94% (2004-2008)
2. G.ASHOK KUMAR – 81% (2005-2009)
3. RAVIKANTI MANIKANTA – 81.74% (2008- 2012)
4. V.SUMALATHA – 87.54% (2009-2013)
5. PHANI KRISHNA scored 83% in first year
1. T.SIRISHA – 80% (2009-2011)
2. B.BINDU BHAVANI- 82% (2010- 2012)
3. K.DEEPTHI – 87% (2011 – 2013)
Details of students placed in MNCS in Campus placements
Our students performed very well in ON campus and OFF campus interviews.
|S.No||Name of the student||Company selected|
|17||M DHEERENDRA SASTRY||HCL|
|18||B V S PARTHESWAR||GENPACT,WIPRO(BPO)|
|20||PALA SANTOSH KUMAR||GENPACT|
TOTAL NO .OF STUDENTS PLACED IN TOP MNCS
ECE Faculty Achievements
- Mrs .Poornima, Assoc.Professor has got Registered for PH.D from JNTUH.
- Ch.Siva Ram Asst.Professor has got registered for PH.D from JNTU Kakinada
- G Mukesh Assoc.Professor has received best teacher award in ECE department for two successive years 2012, 2013. He held various position in the college and played crucial role in the growth of the college.
- Y.Satish Kumar Assoc.Prpfessor has successfully coordinated ROBOTRYST 2014-15 INTERNATIONAL ROBOTICS CHAMPIONSHIP.
- Mrs.Deepthi was the coordinator for Prazasti 2013.
- N.Deepa and V.Minnie Florence Done Energy Audit for the year 2014.
- Praveen kumar, Asst.professor has developed blog for ECE department with the following URL. http://sphoorthyece.blogspot.in/
- N.Deepa, Asst.professor is publishing AKSHARASPHOORTHY Telugu monthly magazine and she is instrumental in organizing various cultural activities in the college
Papers published and conferences attended.
- Mr.K.J.Aravind Chary Asst.professor has published research paper in International journal of Innovative research in computer and communication engineering
- Mr.K.J.Aravind Chary Presented paper on “Schmitt trigger insertion for high performance and low power VLSI interconnect”
- Mrs.Jyothsna Published a paper titled “ Optimal FIFO Design Methodology Based on Input and Output Data Transfer Rate” in Proceedings of Third National Conference on Latest Trends in Signal Processing, VLSI and Embedded Systems ,ISBN 978-93-83459-63-6 © 2014 Bonfring.
- Mrs.Jyothsna has presented a paper in the 2nd National conference on “Signal Processing and Communications (SPCOM-2010)” held at Mallareddy College of Engineering and Technology during December 23-24, 2010.
- Shaik Mohammed rafi has Published a paper titled “ Optimal FIFO Design Methodology Based on Input and Output Data Transfer Rate” in Proceedings of Third National Conference on Latest Trends in Signal Processing, VLSI and Embedded Systems ,ISBN 978-93-83459-63-6 © 2014 Bonfring.
- Shaik Mohammed rafi has Presented a paper titled “FAULT TOLERANCE AND AVOIDANCE IN EMBEDDED WEARABLE SYSTEM FOR HYDRATION MEASUREMENT” in National Conference held at T John Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
- Shaik Mohammed rafi Presented a Paper Titled “An Embedded Solution for Vehicle Automation Using Wireless Technology” in National Conference held at Geethanjali College of Engineering & Technology, Hyderabad
- Shaik Mohammed rafi Accepted a Paper Titled “OP-AMP DESIGN WITH CURRENT COMPENSATION TECHNIQUE AS LOW POWER CIRCUIT In National Journal
Workshops, FDPS attended by the faculties.
- All the faculties of ECE Department got trained by NITTR, Chennai,
- All the faculties of ECE Department are trained by Human Excellence, Rama Krishna Matt Hyderabad.
- All the faculties of ECE Department are trained by IPE at OU.
- Mr.K.J.Aravind Chary Asst.professor Attended ISTE workshop on signals and systems at kite womens college of professional engineering and sciences.
- Mr.K.J.Aravind Chary Asst.professor attended a national technical workshop on VLSI at vardhaman engineering college.
- Mrs.N.Deepa Attended workshop on power electronics and electrical drives at GNITS.
- Mrs.N.Deepa Attended workshop on Electric drives by IEEE at Vasavi engineering college.
- Mrs.N.Deepa attended conference on PE and ED by ELESEC at Gachibouli.
- Mrs.Jyothsna Participated 2 days professor summit on “Embeded system design using atmel XMEGA XPLD A1 and ARM based SAM 4L” organised by atmel india University programming in coordination with University Industry interaction cell at JNTU, Hyderabad during on Feb 24th & 25th, 2014.
- Mrs.Jyothsna Attended the complementary seminar on “MATLAB and simulink for Engineering Education” conducted by Mathworks India held on June 29th, 2011.
- Mr.Shaik Mohammed rafi has attended FDP on Latest Trends & Development in Microprocessor Applications conducted at Geethanjali College of engineering and technology.
- Mr.Shaik Mohammed rafi has attended Training on Multisim Software conducted at Geethanjali College of engineering and technology.
- Mr.Shaik Mohammed rafi has attended workshop on “Advanced VLSI System design” conducted by AICTE at Geethanjali College of engineering and technology.
- Best Teacher Award for the year 2012-13 & 2013-14.
- The Technical Fest (COSTRUZIONE 2K13) was organized on 24th December, 2013 by SPICE Association of Civil Engineering Department.
- Dandiya by SPICE Association
- Civil IV year students Sai Krishna, Naresh Kumar, Nagamani Reddy, Rajesh, Sowjanya Reddy, B. Anusha was participated in HMTV “Jai Ho” Programme.
- SPICE Ecohand
- Prazasti 2K13 Model Preparationms, PPT’s
TOPPERS LIST – 2014 PASSED OUT STUDENTS
|S.NO||H.T NO||NAME OF THE STUDENT||FATHER NAME||%|
|1||10N81A0118||K NARESH KUMAR||K NAGESWAR RAO||83.96|
|2||10N81A0102||PULA ARTHI GOUD||P MANIK GOUD||80.32|
Dr. T.R.Choudary have received patent
a)” Polymer –based pads for large thrust bearing of hydro generators in hydroelectric power plant”(patent no-221663) granted in 2008.
b) “A process for producing thrust bearing of PTFE based composite pads” (patent no-248721) granted in 2011.
• Mr.P.Sudheer Rao is awarded a best Teacher on the annual day (SAMISTI- 2013& 2015)
• Mrs.R.N.S.Divya is awarded a best Teacher on the annual day (SAMISTI-2013, 2014 & 2015).
- Mr. G.G.K Murthy awarded for Best Faculty Award by Sphoorthy Engineering College in the year 2013-14
- Mrs.R.Nava Sai Divya awarded for Best Faculty Award by Sphoorthy Engineering College in the year 2013-14.
- Sudheer Rao and R.Nava Sai Divya published a paper titled”DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF AN EASILY CONTROLLED WALKING ROBOT LEG MECHANISM”,published in IJAIR.
- Nava Sai Divya published a paper titled”TRANSIENT THERMAL ANALYSIS OF A DIESEL ENGINE EXHAUST VALVE”,published in IJAIR.
- R.Choudhary and Hariprasad, Wear Characteristic of bearing material for A.C. Energy matters, NCIT-91, Feb 7-8, CMTI, Bangalore. Page M43-M54.
- Experiment investigation of Ring lubricated bearing, NCIT-86, Hotel Taj, Bombay.
- R.Choudhary and R.S.Rathore, Performance evaluation of high speed shaft seal used in Hydroturbines, NCIT-93, March 24-25, Dehradun, India.
- R.Choudhary, Om Prakash, Venkata Rao and Sethuramiah, Experimental Investigation in replacement of Babbitt lining by polymer layers in large thrust bearing. First world tribologycongress london, UK, September 1997, P 836.
- R.Choudhary, Om Prakash, Venkata Rao and Sethuramiah, Possibility of replacement of Babbitt lining by polymer layer in large thrust bearing and Experimental study. Introduction conference on Industrial tribology, December 1997, Calcutta, India P-143.
- R.Choudhary, Om Prakash, Venkata Rao, Development of polytetrafluroethylene composite lining for a hydro generator thrust pad application, Journal of Engineering Tribology, I MECH, 214J5,(2000),375.
- R.Choudhary, Om Prakash, Venkata Rao, Surface Modification of Bronze and Graphite Filler PTFE in Dry and Lubricated conditions, International Conference on Industrial Tribology, November 2006, IISc, Bangalore, India.
Mr.T.R.Choudary has presented in 9 National & International conferences as follows
- National Conference on Industrial Tribology, 1984 , Hotel Banjara, Hyderabad.
- National Conference on Industrial Tribology, 1986 , Hotel Taj, Bombay
- Workshop on High performance Lubricant and Additives, 1997, IIT Delhi, India
- National Conference on Industrial Tribology, 1991, CMIT Bangalore
- National Conference on Industrial Tribology, March 1993, Dehradun, India.
- First World Tribology congress, Sept-1997, London, UK
- International Conference on Industrial Tribology, Dec-1997, Calcutta, India
- International Conference on Industrial Tribology, Nov-2006,IISc, Bangalore.
- National Conference on Industrial Tribology, 2011, at IIT Roorkee, India.
Some of the Achievements of G.G.K Murthy Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering in the Industrial field.
Year 1972. Mr.G.G.K Murthy was working in the production Engineering department of M/s. Audeo India limited, an L&T group co. The company manufacturing industrial pipe line valves was importing form USA, soft iron as well as stainless steel gaskets made out of 0.8 mm thick sheets. The gaskets were circular rings as well as elliptical rings in shape and had corrugations running concentric to the profile. The sizes ranged from about 75mm major axis (or dia) to 1400 mm major axis (or dia). The annual requirement was about 200 pieces for smaller sizes, tapering off to 2 or 3 pieces per annum for the largest sizes.
The Industry was in a dilemma as to continue with the imports or spend a few lakhs of rupees (in 1972) on development of these ‘C’ value items. The task of developing low cost tooling for these gaskets was given to young engineer G.G.K.Murthy. He did not fail the company. He developed unconventional tools that cost the company total of about Rs.20,000/- in 1972 and successfully produced the gaskets. And even today, i.e. over a period of 42 years, the co has not developed any alternate method and is producing the components with the same technology. Carboline toolings, a small scale industry in Balanagar, Hyderabad employing about 10 operators in 2004 was manufacturing brazed & solid carbide tools using conventional machine tools. They were un-able to take orders for multi point solid carbide cutting tools like reamers with helical flutes. Mr.GGK Murthy, who by then had about 39 years of industrial experience took up the challenge and developed a low cost copying attachment with double tail stocks for Praga Tool & Cutter grinding Machine and very successfully met the stringent quality requirements of helical fluted solid carbide cutting tools required by major precision machining industries in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai & Pune.
With the confidence gained the co procured 5 axis CNC machines each costing Rs.1.8 Crores for the same purpose. The industry now employs about 80 operators and has a turnover of about 8 crores per annum.
Student Participation in Various Workshops and Tech Fests:
- III year Vasishtha Kumar & M.Praneeth Kumar got first prize in Dance Competition conducted by Radio Mirchi 9.83 FM on 20.09.2013.
- III year Md. Fazal Ahmed Khan got First prize in Paper Presentation Event conducted by Tech Mania on 21.12.2013III year Jethe Gagan Kumar got Second prize in Paper Presentation Event conducted by Tech Mania on 21.12.2013.
- III year Sai KIRAN GOUD got First prize in Poster Presentation Event conducted by Tech Mania on 21.12.2013
- III year Ravi Teja got Second prize in Paper Presentation Event conducted by Tech Mania on 21.12.2013.
- II year Y. Sai Kiran Goud, K. Shiva Shankar Reddy, B. Rahul, P. Prashanth, M. Prudhvi, I. Srinivas got First Prize in Project Expo Event conducted by Tech Mania on 21.12.2013
- III year S. Naresh got Second prize in Project Expo Event conducted by Tech Mania on 21.12.2013
- Uday, P. Prashanth, S. Naresh Reddy, G. Gowtham, V. Sai Sharan, Sravan, G. Pavan, R. Rajesh are the Kabbaddi Runners held at Sphoorthy Engineering College on Sports Events
- On Sports Event Uday, Harikrishna, N. Rakesh, G. Pavan, Pavan Krishna, Devendar, Shiva Shankar, Rajesh, Veeranjaneyulu are the Kho – Kho Runners held at Sphoorthy Engineering College.
- On Sports Event T. Vamshi, Santosh, Amar are the Basket Ball Runners held at Sphoorthy Engineering College.
- III Mechanical Varthika, Anjali, Sudheera, Mounika got Kabaddi Winners
- III Mechanical Varthika got Tennicoid, Throw Ball
- III Mechanical – Varthika got First Prize in Volley Ball.
- III mechanical Particiapted in Kho-Kho & Basket Ball.
- II Mechanical Indu, Swetha, V. Lohit has participated in Paper Presentation in Tech Mania.
- II Mechanical M.V. Kushal, K. Hari Krishna are participated in Project Expo in Tech Mania.
- II Mechanical P. Prudvi Teja,M. ShivaShankar, V. Lohit, K. Hari Krishna, P. Hari Krishna, M. Pavan Reddy, I. Srinivas, Rudraksh, P. Srikanth, Ch. Gopinath are participated in NRC Robotics in Tech Mania.
Sphoorthy Management Association for Recreating Trends – SMART is a Professional Association of MBA Students which organizes Professional Activities every Saturday afternoon along with other clubs like NIPUNA- The Business Club, ARDHA – The Finance Club , KOUSALA – The Marketing Club, CHATURA – The HR Club…SAP/AMFI/BSE/NSDC/FOREX/Stock Market Training also will be provided.
To hone the soft skills further, students of Management Students go through a structured Communication Skills Development Programme which aims at Best Corporate Placements also. It includes Training in Communication Skills, Soft Skills, Aptitude Training and Personality Development.
UGC NET ( National Eligibility Test ) by Ms. P. Swathi
AP SET ( State Eligibility Test) by Mr. B. L. Martin
It is a unique practice of the Department to train and motivate the students by organizing
“Young Manager Contest” and thus award them with “Young Manager of the Year”. The students are assessed through various activities which are conducted by Department of Management Studies and also assess t Students’ Leadership Qualities, Skills, Talents, Aptitude, Discipline, Conduct and Behavior and finally the award will be presented on the day of SAVYASAACHI.
“Impressions” is the Souvenir prepared by the Students which is released on this occassion. Apart from this, our Students won various prizes in Inter-Collegiate Competitions.
- Tiruamal Babu represented college in JNTUH competitions